Floyd Malloy (aka Birdman) is a former biker gang leader turned V.E.N.O.M. agent who specializes in forgery.
Malloy is an indirect rival to fellow V.E.N.O.M. agent Sly Rax as both are expert but reckless motorcyclists, though Malloy does not appear to share his objective of rebelling against leader Miles Mayhem, which Rax attempts in the 1987 DC Comics series.
Activities with V.E.N.O.M. Edit
- Reckless Driving
Since Floyd was introduced late into the cartoon series and made only twelve appearances, not a lot is known about him. Even his interactions with the other V.E.N.O.M. agents are very minimal in the series. But there are some pieces here and there that both the comics and the few episodes that Floyd appears does tell us something about him.
Floyd Malloy is sneaky, dangerous and cunning, and he has both a reckless and cautious streak. His cautious nature is usually brought up when he is either unsure about the legitimacy of the treasure they're looking for or wondering if he'll get his fair share of the cash. This very characteristic is stemmed in pessimism to borderline paranoia, but he still has some confidence to keep it in check. He is also easy to anger whether it's from being outsmarted or having his pessimistic judgments proven correct.
As an expert in forgery, he has a keen eye to detail that most people will miss. There are a couple of examples in two episodes: "Royal Cape Caper" and "Patchwork Puzzle". In "Royal Cape Caper", the M.A.S.K. team initially believed that they have recovered the titular stolen royal garments but upon a closer examination, based on the appearance of the stitches, it was a fake. In "Patchwork Puzzle", Floyd was the first one to notice that there was something wrong with the Civil War-era money. Miles Mayhem starts to think that it was counterfeit, but Malloy in frustration states that the money is actually Confederate currency, meaning that it's totally worthless to use.
- "Buckshot, fire/on!"
- "Heh-heh, Captain Kidd's ghost strikes again." (The Spectre of Captain Kidd)
- "Vampire! You're acting like a turkey." (Royal Cape Caper)
- "Counterfeit?! No, it's not counterfeit. It's Confederate!" (Patchwork Puzzle)
- "Don't call me Floyd. Call me 'Birdman.' I hate the name Floyd." (Challenge of the Masters)
Episode Appearances Edit
Season 1 Edit
- 45-The Spectre of Captain Kidd
- 52-The Royal Cape Caper
- 53-Patchwork Puzzle
- 55-Plunder of Glowworm Grotto
- 61-Treasure of the Nazca Plain
Season 2 Edit
- 67-Where Eagles Dare
- 69-The Battle of the Giants
- 71-Challenge of the Masters
- 72-For One Shining Moment (cameo)
- 74-The Battle For Baja
- 75-Cliff Hanger
Action Figures Edit
- Packed with Buckshot Mask and Vampire
- Packed with New Buckshot Mask and Vandal